Saturday, January 13, 2018

A hidden gem in Vic Park - Sage Café

When in Australia, go for brunch and coffee. Whichever city I am in, I always keep an eye on the latest brunch spots and photogenic dishes all these Aussie cafes have to offer. Sage’s has been on my list for a while but I’ve never been there because of the close proximity to where I live so finally my friend and I gave it a go before Christmas.


We chose to enjoy our breakfast at the shaded alfresco area. More well lit but didn’t have to be under the sun. How relaxing it was!

Was struggling while picking the right items and we finally settled on matcha latte, baked eggs and pancakes.


Matcha latte (AUD$4.50) looked super tempting. The matcha flavour was quite pronounced while the milk was silky smooth. 


Served in a cute little pot, baked eggs with seasonal greens, chorizo, crispy chickpeas, labneh (AUD$19) was actually very filling with its thick sauce, oozy egg yolk, veggie and meat when eaten with the lightly toasted bread. The addition of chickpeas, which were crispy on the outside and mushy inside, was an incredibly nice touch that changed the whole game. Would have been perfect if the sauce was a little less tangy though.


Pancakes with apricot, honeycomb and crème fraiche (AUD$17) was more than just an eye candy. The pancakes were crazily thick, but light and fluffy at the same time and oh that concoction of sautéed apricot, crème fraiche and syrup on this breakfast staple was just so yum. On a side note, a cup of syrup on the side is always necessary as pancakes dry or bland easily when the dish is halfway done, no matter what toppings or sauce are given (especially to people with a sweet tooth like me).


Left this place with a happy tummy, good mood and a few great shots for my Instagram. What more can I ask for?







Sage Café
414 Albany Hwy 
Victoria Park WA 6100

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...