Saturday, August 13, 2016

Timón Seafood Tapas Bar & Restaurant – A spectacular night in Spain


I frequent Wan Chai and Sheung Wan area a lot but never heard of this place called Timón until my friend picked it as our dinner gathering venue. Could hardly contain my excitement after checking out photos of their food. The dishes all looked so appealing that I started thinking of what to order days ahead of the dinner.


It’s hidden at the end of Ship Street, a relatively quiet alley, and with it’s stylish yet simple décor, it felt like I was not in Hong Kong.



Originally wanted to go virgin since it was a Monday night but what else pairs with tapas better than Sangria?

White sangria ($65) was sweet, fruity and beautiful. Just totally my thing as I have a sweet tooth (but real wine lovers might find it too sweet).



Avacado crabmeat ($35@) is quite a rare combination but it worked well. An appetizing snack to start the night with.
Somehow I like anchovies very much so I had to have White anchovies w/ Piquillo pepper ($38) too. This one is above average and I liked the light Piquillo pepper aroma that came in after downing the anchovy.


Bellota Master’s Hand-sliced +40 months ($498/100g) was undoubtedly one of the highlights of the meal. According to the staff, it’s a ham from Guijuelo from that’s 100% acron-fed. Oh my god it’s so packed with flavour but not overly salty, while the fat was moist and light at the same time. Quality you can taste.


Honestly not a fan of peppers but this Padrón peppers ($68) is well seasoned and served piping hot. Quite an enjoyable snack to go with my lovely sangria.


Deep-fried calamari ($78) is crispy and chewy and there is no way it can go wrong with creamy mayo.


Given that the white sangria was so my cup of tea, I just couldn’t resist ordering a Red Sangria ($65) too. It was as good as the white, and the red wine certainly added an extra depth and complexity to the already amazing drink.


Croquettes are almost must-have tapas for any Spanish meals (errr…for me at least). Timón’s cod fish croquette w/ artichoke mayo dip ($88) was nicely fried to golden brown, crunchy on the outside and soft inside.



Fresh garlic prawn w/ white wine ($98) was a bit on the pricey side since there were only 4 prawns in each order. Would have been better if the white wine sauce was stronger and prawns were bouncier.


We still felt kind of incomplete even after all the wine and tapas (cos we all have a fat guy’s soul I guess?). Black ink creamy rice w/ squid & prawns ($128) was a perfect choice to satisfy our needs for carbs in just the right portion. It was so delish and seafoody that I didn’t mind getting my lips and teeth black (for only a few minutes, of course :p).


Deluxe fisherman’s creamy rice ($118) is a lighter and more refreshing version of the creamy rice since it’s tomato based. It possessed all the same yummy factors too. Highly recommended. 


Yuzu tart ($68) is a must-have at Timón! Buttery crust and crazily creamy custard that’s a bit sour and full of yuzu flavour. A refreshing, sweet and sour ending for the night.


Overall pretty impressed by the food, romantic ambience and welcoming staff. Great for date night and girls’ night out. You know where to go to please your guy/girl and besties next time ;)










Timón Seafood Tapas Bar & Restaurant

G/F, 33 Ship Street, Wan Chai

灣仔船街
33 號地舖

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...