Sunday, December 4, 2016

Quality lunch sets – Arashiyama Japanese Restaurant

Somehow Japanese cuisine is crazily popular in Hong Kong and the hype just never dies. Obviously I am a typical Hongkonger in this sense so I am having it from time to time. Here you go a review of my enjoyable lunch at Tsim Sha Tsui a couple weeks ago.


The place is spacious with minimal decoration (in a good way). White walls, black ceiling and wooden tables make it quite comfortable to dine at.



There are 16 options available for lunch and they all come with appetizer, salad, chawanmushi (Japaese steamed egg) and dessert. All you have to do is just to pick your favourite main dish and be prepared to dig in.


Haven’t had tuna for a while so I’ve decided to go with toro and minced tuna don.

My miso soup was the first thing to be served. It was hot and soothing as always.


After around 10 minutes there came my lunch set! Oh my god the toro looks so delicious! Just couldn’t wait to devour everything.


The salad with cold veggie was refreshing and I always loved that slightly sour Japanese style vinegar that’s light and flavoursome.


Chawanmushi didn’t look too appealing but it’s silky smooth and well seasoned. Yet another hearty dish I like very much.


The sashimi in toro and minced tuna don was superb! The toro pieces were fatty and scrumptious, while the minced tuna was of equally high quality. It has an extra freshness from the spring onion but the fried shallot can just be taken away as it was a bit overpowering. Still I enjoyed every single spoonful of this toro don!


Just can’t help showing you guys a closer look of the toro and minced tuna~ I’m drooling again just by looking at the photos.


Oh I almost forgot about this sesame ice cream which was creamy and full of sesame aroma. An awesome sweet ending to the meal.


Seriously just go grab this lunch set if you are nearby. Totally a steal at $148!!!








Arashiyama Japanese Restaurant

G/F, 11 Minden Avenue, Tsim Sha Tsui

尖沙咀棉登徑
11 號地舖

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...