Monday, July 25, 2016

‘Cluck Norris’ chicken burger preview - Beef & Liberty

So it’s been almost three months since I had Mangalica Pork burger at Beef and Liberty. It’s undeniable that I am still reminiscing the great deal of pleasure and joy the pork burger has given me but it’s time to move on (reluctantly) since they have launched a new burger! I am again very lucky to have been invited to their new burger Cluck Norris tasting night and let’s get straight to our business!


Summer in Hong Kong is sweltering hot so my friend and I had B&L’s newly launched Lemon Saison Beer and a lemonade as our thirst quenchers.


Lemon Saison Beer was light, sweet and slightly sour with an aromatic malty finish. An awesome choice for beer dummies/newbies like me. Lemonade is sour, minty and icy cold – just perfect to cool us down after all the walking from MTR station.

As Cluck Norris was marching in towards the dining table, I stopped sipping my lemonade right away. It has got grilled antibiotic and hormone-free chicken thigh, crispy chicken skin wafers, fresh pickled jalapeño, tomato and avocado served with butter lettuce and mayo in between B&L’s signature buns. It’s a low-profile kind of burger as it doesn’t contain photogenic melting cheese nor juice-dripping patties that get you hundreds of likes on Facebook or Instagram. But you can’t always judge a book from its cover right?


I knew the answer right after having my first bite. The chicken thigh was tender and well-seasoned, with chicken skin wafer ultra crunchy, veggie juicy and refreshing, avocado and mayo really creamy, and that’s not the end yet folks. The spicy kick from jalapeño that came in after everything is downed was such a nice and exciting touch! As the name suggests, this burger totally kicks your axx!! It’s such a heavenly concoction of flavours and textures and I just love how the combination of ingredients is so well thought out and executed. Honestly I didn’t have much expectation at first as it is always difficult to make me go WOW with chicken burgers but chef Neil Tomes has proved it possible.


And hey weight watchers, B&L’s salad game is strong too! Their latest Haloumi & Persimmon Superfood Salad with quinoa crusted Haloumi, lentil, spelt, persimmon, mint, spring onion, cucumber, carmelized onion and a sweet sherry vinaigrette is a real gem if you are looking for something healthy. This delish and incredibly nutritious salad is part of the #reinventingsalads campaign taking part with chefs from Common Room, Viet Kitchen & Bar, Linguini Fini, Lily & Bloom, The Kinnet & Fresca HK.


Here’s a closer look of all the goodies in the salad.


My photos didn’t do justice at all and sorry for taking so few photos cos I was just having a sweet time with my burger. Grab one and you’ll know what I meant :)

Cluck Norris is available from 14 July – 4 Sept at Wanchai, Stanley & PMQ pop-up outlets.











Beef & Liberty
2/F, 23 Wing Fung Street, Wan Chai
G04, G/F, Stanley Plaza, The Piazza, 23 Carmel RD, Stanley


No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...